Pages

Friday, June 9, 2017

To Plan or Not to Plan

Here's the story: I planned on taking the RER and the train from the airport to where I will be staying. I had looked up and practically memorized where I needed to be and go. I even got on youtube to see what RERs look like.

Plan = changed.

Why has the plan changed? Well, at first, I was taking the train because it was going to be less expensive. So, I convinced three other girls that are also going to France that we'd be okay. After all, I had done research (I'm too much like my dad) and I am totally comfortable.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon: we all receive an e-mail from our ISEP coordinator in France asking if we'd still like to go by train or if we'd like to just join the other students coming to France too and taking the shuttle. At a lower price. Okay...sold.

I really hate it when plans change. I know, it's...like...the number one lesson we humans need to learn: plans change ALL the time. But, it still makes me uncomfortable. Not because I'd rather take the train. No, I'd rather get off the plane, get to the shuttle, and relax. I am frustrated because I've been e-mailing my host mother in France for about a week and we've been planning on how I will be taking the train and when she will be picking me up from the station.

And now I'm taking the shuttle. (insert moan and exasperated sighs) I hate inconveniencing people. I hate having to ask people to go out of their way for me. I hate not knowing if she's really okay with me taking the shuttle; I will get there quicker than if I would take the train, but I don't know what she planned on doing during the day before I arrived!

Okay. Taking a deep breath. It will be alright. I can't wait to get there! The adventure begins: tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ally's Mackinac Recommendations

Now that I'm home, I feel like I can give a few recommendations and tips. First off, just remember that even though there are no cars on...