Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

Caen Day 16 (current day)



I am so tired. I got up this morning, got to school, and got online for a little while before class. But in class, I felt like I was dying. I think the previous weekend is catching up with me. So much work that I did yesterday and Saturday…

I was so tired that at break time I chose Coca-Cola instead of my normal apple juice. And Coke here is soooo much better than in the States. It has no salt. And I felt better for a half an hour. And then it was back to being like a zombie.

After French classes, the history kids were free. We didn’t have a group trip nor regular class. So, I asked Megan and Mackenzie to go with me back to the Tourist Office. There, I bought two t-shirts and Megan bough postcards. But…one of the shirts is too small. Dang it! I plan on going back tomorrow and asking if I can either return or exchange it for the same shirt in a bigger size.

Then we went back to the Boulangerie/Patisserie “Péan” again. It is quickly becoming my favorite little place: inexpensive and the two women working there are so nice.

I got “pain du chocolat”: a croissant with chocolate in the middle. SOOO much better than the ones in the States.


And then we separated, deciding to just go home. So, I arrived home, ate some lunch, messed with the Wi-Fi, which still refuses to work, and started on the posts about Saturday and Sunday again. I took a nap, and here I am typing out today’s post. All caught up.

I’m still mad that one shirt is too small. What was I thinking???!

Currently (after messing with the Wi-Fi again and getting it working):
I am SO happy I got it working! You have no idea! 

Really, everyone higher up (yes, Meg, sorry, but I'm about to admit something) told us that we shouldn't "Skype" (or call in another form, like I do) our parents everyday. Well...

I have called my mom almost everyday. The only days I didn't call her was when she was working all day (all day, as in ridiculous for my time zone here in France) or I didn't have Wi-Fi (like this weekend). Here's the thing: I'm only here for three weeks, this is my first time away from Any family, my first time in a different country, and my first time across the Atlantic. Alone. And my mother is my best friend. Sorry, I'm going to call her every time I can. 

When you think about it, it's a good thing I chose a program that only lasts for three weeks.

So, if you excuse me, I'm going to call my mom and then maybe watch a movie. Time to be a little more American for tonight.

My love to you all back home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ally's Mackinac Recommendations

Now that I'm home, I feel like I can give a few recommendations and tips. First off, just remember that even though there are no cars on...