Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Mackinac Day 4: Morning

Saturday morning was bitter sweet. We got up slightly later than normal, feeling the effects of not being in our own houses probably. After dragging myself out of bed and getting ready for the day, I wondered downstairs. The manager who makes breakfast was up early too, so he had the food ready for me a half an hour early. I got to eat at 7:00 instead of 7:30. It was very nice.


After I finished eating, Annie was done and headed down to eat her breakfast. If you remember, we would get up, and she would workout and then take a shower in the morning, while I would wander downstairs. This morning, I felt like just staying downstairs, as someone was outside on the front porch when I got down and it was too early for small talk. Besides, the manager had a Mozart CD playing over the speakers, so I was content to sit at a table and read until the food and tea water was ready.

After Annie was done with breakfast, we went out for our last long walk on the island while everyone else was asleep or just waking up. This time, we went back to where the Somewhere in Time trees are located and just past them. Annie figures we walked at least two miles.








Jane Seymour, the actress who starred in Somewhere in Time, comes to Mackinac Island every year. She was on the island while we were also there. I'm not sure I actually saw her, but I wasn't looking very hard. When I checked Saturday morning, I saw that she had taken a flight off the island. They are nice enough to post after she had left so that people didn't swarm around her.









Then we headed back to the library. If you go around the library, there is a secret-like place where there are chairs. It is a nice, secluded spot to just sit and watch the water and the ferries come to and from the island. It was so nice to just sit and listen to the water. So peaceful. We should've brought our books, but we were content to just sit for a long time. It was here that I half-jokingly asked if we really had to go home. Annie said, "No. We can become the first homeless people on Mackinac Island. They will write books about us." 










 

Back to the B&B to get our money, and off to Joann's Fudge. Mackinac has so many fudge shops. I really wonder which one is the best. According to my uncle, Tony, it's Joann's. One of the managers at the Metivier agrees. It's pretty good...but I've never had another kind from Mackinac...other than the small pieces from Sanders the night before. Either way, it is really, really good.

We did have to go back to the B&B to check out. While checking out, the manager saw that I had a bag full of posters. He traded me for one that had the Metivier 2014 poster signed by the artist...who is one of the co-owner's of the B&B. It's was really nice of them to do that. I left the unsigned poster that I had bought the day before with them. Maybe someone who is also lucky will get my poster after she signs it.

We sadly said goodbye to the island and went to find Gina (my car), who decided she had a long enough rest to have the AC actually work for 3 - 3 and a half-ish hours for us. I think it's the fans that are going bad, because when I hold my hand up to the vents, I can feel the cold. It's just that nothing blows out. Gina will have to go get some help soon this week. I don't want to die of heatstroke in this horrid summer weather in the fort. 

We got back home around 4 ish yesterday. Today, I came to my mom and dad's house to spend time with them and pick up my cute little puppy. She seemed to have missed me. Maggie probably missed me more (she didn't like having Lottie staying with her all that much). 

I enjoyed my stay a lot. I will definitely go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ally's Mackinac Recommendations

Now that I'm home, I feel like I can give a few recommendations and tips. First off, just remember that even though there are no cars on...