Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Mackinac Day 3 Evening

 Friday evening, we decided that our lunch from Seabiscuit Cafe was so large that we didn't really need dinner. Instead of going to a restaurant, we went to Dodd's market. I bought a bottle of water and an apple, making small talk with the cashier. She saw my Fruits Basket shirt and just had to discuss anime with me. It is always nice to find fellow anime people who aren't extremely weird. 

Annie and I found a nice bench in the front of the park across the street from the State Park Visitor's Center. Specifically, half of it was shaded for me and half of it was in the sun for her. After we got done eating our very small dinner, we went on another long walk down the street, past the Catholic church to look at the houses and the high-dollar places to stay. There was a cobblestone path, so she can get used to walking on it before going to Europe in a few weeks. 

We found more lilacs, of course:

 


After walking, we went back into town to get dessert. We stopped at Sanders. I got a scoop of Mackinac Island Fudge ice cream and she got a fudge brownie. We sat out on the bench outside of Little Luxuries and people watched...and horse watched.

Then back to the Metivier. I was going to rest for a while before we went on the Haunted ghost walk that night...and then we decided that I was too tired. I went to bed at normal time and was asleep before the walk even started. I didn't sleep as well as the night before since the AC was not running all day long...it was almost as warm as our first night. I think our room is haunted. Just before turning in, I heard the shower starting to drip, so I went in, turned the water on and off, and it stopped. So, just a tip: don't book room 7 if you stay at that B&B. The shower is extremely small anyway. Next time I go, I'll be getting a bigger room...and maybe making sure it has a bathtub. At least a larger shower that I can bend over and not hit my head.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ally's Mackinac Recommendations

Now that I'm home, I feel like I can give a few recommendations and tips. First off, just remember that even though there are no cars on...