Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

What I Didn't Have to Pack

There are so many travelers out there that can make suggestions about what to pack for France: the shoes (ie. NOT ATHLETIC SHOES!), dress slacks, Capris, nice shirts, shorts...etc.

I'm not going to tell you what to pack, because a lot of bloggers and youtubers that I researched before I went over didn't really do me much good. People are so different. I'm so different. You have your own style. Not only that, but you will have your own French style (if you want to blend in, like I did).

So, I'll tell you what I packed that I didn't need instead.

1. Swim Suit

I did not need my swim suit. I only really took it because I was convinced that I should take it just in case. I love swimming. But...I'm not big on swimming in the ocean (and the English Channel is probably not that different than the Atlantic). And there's the fact that the only beaches that I went to were the D-Day beaches. Charlotte explained that she and the other French people swim there because the Allies fought for them to live normally again...to enjoy themselves and go to the beach. But, I can't get myself to think that way.

2. Skirt & Nice Tank Top

I packed a skirt in case I would like to wear it to Mass one Sunday. But...I always just wore my black slacks. And the nice tank top from Kohl's was never worn either. I had another top that was fine.

3. Black Ballet Shoes

And I had bought them with France in mind. But I didn't wear them. In regards to shoes, I wore my tennis shoes up Mont Saint Michel and my black slip-ons and blue Hotter shoes every other day. I am really glad that I didn't listen to the other people online who said "Keep your tennis at home!!!", because it was a relief to wear them in my room.

Other than that, I wore everything else at least twice. Perhaps I'll make another post about all that I actually packed later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ally's Mackinac Recommendations

Now that I'm home, I feel like I can give a few recommendations and tips. First off, just remember that even though there are no cars on...